Thursday, December 11, 2008

I saw on ESPN and read this article:
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iopKBZ_TFc-aZC3KX1kaoc3ayTPQD95025T80.

Quite frankly, I'm astounded. Let it be well known that I am a proponent of a playoff system in college football and that the BCS should be sent to the furthest depths of they abyss. I have been constantly and continually outraged at the current ranking system and that there is a 'decision' on who gets to play for a championship and not a system in place that removes all doubt. For example, does anybody question that the New York Giants deserved to be NFL champions last year? Likely not, however there is no doubt in my mind that if the NFL used the current system in college football that the Giants wouldn't even have a chance to play for it.

Anyway, none of this is my point again, I'm a proponent of the playoff and agree with Congressman Joe Barton that there should be one, what I find ludicrous is that congress is getting involved. This is not, nor has ever been the purpose of Congress. It is garbage like this that makes my eyes roll and want to vomit. Government continues to intrude more and more in every facet of life. They increasingly are making more and more regulations and restrictions on business and other areas of life and now they are getting involved in Collegiate sports...really? Government should focus on the reason it was established, namely national defense, post, inner-state commerce and a few others. They should not be telling college football how they should run their system. I know this seems like a small matter but it is alarming how the government is infiltrating basically every facet of our life...please get out of my life and don't come back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home